FSCURTIS Air Compressors include a broad range of energy efficient products:
Air Compressors??from 1/3 HP to 300 HP constructed with reciprocating, oil?injected screw, and water?injected screw technologies
Air Treatment includes compressed air dryers, filters and oil/water?separators to meet the strictest air quality requirements.
FSCURTIS Vacuum Pumps provide to 27.5" Hg with rugged reciprocating designs. Email for details or request a special order.
Reciprocating Air Compressors
- Uses pistons driven by a crankshaft to deliver gases at high pressure
- Specifically, an intake gas enters the suction manifold, then flows into the compression cylinder where it gets compressed by a piston driven in a reciprocating motion via a crankshaft, and is then discharged.
Rotary Screw Compressors
- Uses a rotary type positive displacement mechanism.
- Utilizes either a single screw element or two counter rotating intermeshed helical screw elements housed within a specially shaped chamber for gas compression
- Gas is drawn in through an inlet port in the casing, captured in a cavity, compressed as the cavity reduces in volume, and then discharged through another port in the casing.
- Effectiveness: dependent on close fitting clearances between the helical rotors and the chamber for sealing of the compression cavities and since 1854 FSCURTIS has delivered outstanding tolerances for maximum performance.
Oil Free Compressors: Environmentally Friendly
Oil Free compressors produce compressed air that is used in food and pharmaceutical applications requiring "clean" air.? Other industries that require this oil free compressed air includes:
Marine product manufacturing
Medical/Science Instrument manufacturing
Glass product manufacturing
Climate Control Compressors
Provides clean, dry air for instrument control equipment